Undocumented Students

Hello new Husky! Welcome to the University of Washington. Please review the below steps to achieve the greatest success in your first year at the UW. 

What does it mean to be undocumented? 

Undocumented students are immigrants who entered the United States without inspection or overstayed their visas and are present in the United States with ot without their parents. They face unique legal uncertainties and limitations within the U.S. educational system. 

  1. Sign up for orientation! 
  2. Submit the Washington Higher Education Residency Affidavit
    • ​​​House Bill 1079 (in-state tuition): 
      • Graduated from Washington State High School or GED
      • Live in WA State for more than 3 years
    • More information: http://hb1079.org/ 
  3. Check your WASFA State Aid Packet! 
  4. Get connected to Leadership Without Borders & Purple Group
  5. Sign up for the Mentor Power for Success Mentor Program 
    • The mission of the Mentor Power for Success Program is to provide incoming OMA&D EOP students a successful transition to the University of Washington. Students will explore campus wide resources and opportunites through active participation in mentoring, networking, group activities, and cultural events. 
    • Visit http://depts.washington.edu/mentor/ for more details.