Log into your UW Zoom account
Please submit your request as soon as possible, preferably at least 7 days before your scheduled A&O. Technology can only be shipped within the U.S.
How to Request Technology:
- Visit the Student Technology Loan Program and select "Reserve"
- Select the exact date of your Advising & Orientation session (email email@example.com if date is unavailable)
- Select any macOS or Windows-based laptop computer + wi-fi hotspot (if needed)
- After completing the online reservation process, you will receive an email confirmation containing a link to provide your shipping information
- Your equipment will arrive via UPS, approximately 1-2 days before your orientation session, and may be used for up to 7 business days
Chromebooks are not recommended: Due to the various updates needed on Chromebook devices and Zoom, we do not recommend you use a Chromebook. If you do use a Chromebook, make sure that your device is updated and that you have installed the Progressive Web App for Zoom. If you have an old version of Zoom installed on your device you will need to uninstall that version in order to install the new version.
Please Note: For access to technology throughout the academic school year, you will need to complete a separate request before the start of the quarter.
- After logging into your UW Zoom account, start a meeting in your personal meeting room listed under "meetings"
- Select "share screen" if you are asked to allow Zoom to share your screen, click system preferences
- Select the lock pad icon at the bottom left corner in the system preference window. This will allow you to make changes in your system preferences. It will then prompt you to sign in with the admin login credentials
- Select "Screen Recording" in the left sidebar and select the zoom.us box on the right-hand side of the listed options
- In the resulting pop-up window, select "quit now" to exit the Zoom
- Log back into your personal meeting room and hit "share screen" to test that the feature has been successfully turned on
If you are having technical difficulties during your A&O session, text your Orientation Leader who will be in touch with you before your session. Please save their phone number. You can also text or call First Year Programs at
120 Mary Gates Hall Box 352825
Seattle, WA 98195-2825
Mary Gates Hall 120
Academic Year: Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m.
Summer: Mon-Thurs 7:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m., Fri 8 a.m.–12 p.m.
Winter Break: Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Commuter and Transfer Commons (HUB 141)
Academic Year: Mon-Fri 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Breaks & Summers: Closed
Closed during University holidays.
Provide FYP with anonymous feedback about our programs.
First Year Programs fosters a successful undergraduate student experience through strategic programming that focuses on positive academic transitions and the development of learning communities. Through partnerships with faculty, staff, alumni, and student leaders our programs create the space for students to define how they will engage, learn, and thrive at the University of Washington.