The UW is committed to cultivating cultural and global awareness, knowledge exchange, innovative research across national borders, and cross-cultural relationships.
Central to this commitment is the value of international education, including but not limited to the enrollment of international students and encouragement of study abroad, as a means to foster a critically informed and responsible student population prepared to engage in an increasingly globalized world.
Our international students bring diverse perspectives, knowledge, and experiences that strengthen classrooms, research, and cross-cultural competencies of every UW student, faculty, and staff member. Their presence creates a deeper learning environment and generates innovative research that addresses local and global challenges.
This website was created and maintained by the International Student Success Committee (ISSC).
Through our education and campus programming, the University of Washington aims to:
- Promote inclusive engagement and create spaces where all students, including international students, feel welcomed and accepted into the UW community
- Develop intentional programming that connects and encourages students from diverse backgrounds to build relationships and learn from one another
- Support open-minded learning and campus engagement for international and all students
- Help students navigate the challenging demands of academics, mental health, self-care, interpersonal relationships, and professional development
- Inspire all students to contribute new perspectives, knowledge, and skills to the classroom, research and campus environment
- Encourage all students to develop and practice a wide range of skills for global employment, including inclusive leadership, problem-solving, and independent thinking
- Foster opportunities to build communication skills and interpersonal connections
- Cultivate opportunities for all UW students and alumni to become effective participants on a global scale