Thank you for welcoming students to campus.
Advising and orientation is a scaffolded experience for first-year students. A&O Part 3 takes place in person and emphasizes Community Connections.
Winter A&O Pt.3
Fall 2023 Quick Links
Through participation in Advising & Orientation Part 3, students will be able to:
- Identify campus resources (in-person) that will assists them with their transition to the University of Washington;
- Describe the importance of meeting with an academic adviser;
- Identify ways to enhance their Husky experience through in-person interactions with faculty, staff, and the community;
- Describe the value of building community both inside and outside the classroom;
- Identify tools to connect self-identity to one's educational experience, and
- Understand similarities and differences between high school, community college, and a university, and begin successfully navigating their college experience.
Each student agenda will span from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and include various self-guided and structured activities.
- Students will register for their session beginning May 17th
- If they are moving on campus in the fall, HFS will schedule the move in date before the A&O Part 3 date. Students can also request to adjust move in date.
- Students will have an agenda focusing on structured community meetings starting in the morning, midday, or afternoon. To view agendas, select the number below.
- Morning (MO): 8:00 a.m. check-in time (Agenda list 8am – 4pm)
- Mid-Day (MD): 10:30 a.m. check-in time (Agenda list 9am –5pm)
- Afternoon (AF): 1:00 p.m. check-in time (Agenda list 9am - 5pm)
In addition to A&O Part 3, students will attend various welcome week activities throughout the next week, including the Allen School Welcome Day (9/29), Foster Welcome Week (9/26-9/29), Engineering Launch (9/26), Student-Athlete Orientation (9/26), CIRCLE International Welcome Week (9/18-9/29), OMAD Welcome Daze (9/28-10/6) and UW Dawg Daze (9/20-9/29) programming. Select the link below to view the agenda.
Please submit agenda feedback and revisions by Tuesday, August 22.
Session Date Programmed Activities Type of Student Audience 912 19-Sep 10:30-2:30pm Transfer All PM/Open Major/Direct to Dept. 912da 19-Sep 10:30-2:30pm Transfer Transfer Allen (CS/CE)/Foster 913 19-Sep 1:00 - 4:00 pm Transfer All PM/Open Major/Direct to Dept. 921 20-Sep 8:00 am - Noon FR US/INTL UAA/OMAD (All PM/Open Major) 921da 20-Sep 8:00 am - Noon FR US/INTL ENGRUD/ Allen (CS/CE)/Foster 921daomad 20-Sep 8:00 am - 3:30pm FR US/INTL OMAD: Allen, Foster, - 2:30 omad appt / ENGRUD/Stars OMAD + 2:30 Mill Appt 922 20-Sep 10:30-2:30pm FR US/INTL UAA/OMAD (All PM/Open Major) + Honors 922da 20-Sep 10:30-2:30pm FR US/INTL ENGRUD 923 20-Sep 1:00 - 4:00 pm FR US UAA/OMAD (All PM/Open Major) + Honors 923da 20-Sep 1:00 - 4:00 pm FR US/INTL ENGRUD 931 21-Sep 8:00 am - Noon FR US/INTL UAA/OMAD (All PM/Open Major) 931da 21-Sep 8:00 am - Noon FR US/INTL ENGRUD/ Allen (CS/CE)/Foster/ INFO 931daomad 21-Sep 8:00 am - Noon + 2:30-3:30 pm FR US OMAD: Allen, Foster, - 2:30 omad appt / ENGRUD/Stars OMAD + 2:30 Mill Appt 931camp 21-Sep 9:00 am-5:00 pm FR US OMAD CAMP (Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center) 931trio 21-Sep 9:30 am - 2:00 pm FR US OMAD TRIO (wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ – Intellectual House) 932 21-Sep 10:30-2:30pm FR US UAA/OMAD (All PM/Open Major) + Honors 932da 21-Sep 10:30-2:30pm FR US/INTL ENGRUD 933 21-Sep 1:00 - 4:00 pm FR US/INTL UAA/OMAD (All PM/Open Major) + Honors 933da 21-Sep 1:00 - 4:00 pm FR US/INTL ENGRUD 941 22-Sep 8:00 am - Noon FR US/INTL UAA/OMAD (All PM/Open Major) 941da 22-Sep 8:00 am - Noon FR US/INTL ENGRUD/ Allen (CS/CE)/Foster 941daomad 22-Sep 8:00 am - Noon + 2:30-3:30 pm FR US OMAD: Allen, Foster, - 2:30 omad appt / ENGRUD/Stars OMAD + 2:30 Mill Appt 941eopsa 22-Sep 9:00 am - 1:00 pm FR US EOP Scholars Academy - EOP 3 (CSE2 G20) 942 22-Sep 10:30-2:30pm FR US UAA/OMAD (All PM/Open Major) + Honors 942da 22-Sep 10:30-2:30pm FR US/INTL ENGRUD 943 22-Sep 1:00 - 4:00 pm FR US UAA/OMAD (All PM/Open Major) + Honors 943da 22-Sep 1:00 - 4:00 pm FR US/INTL ENGRUD 951 25-Sep 12:30pm-2:30pm All ALL - Student Athlete 901 18-Sep 9am-4pm FR US EEP and Academy Major Code 911 19-Sep Varies All ALL -Nursing 981 16-Sep varies All ALL
120 Mary Gates Hall Box 352825
Seattle, WA 98195-2825
Mary Gates Hall 120
Academic Year: Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m.
Summer: Mon-Thurs 7:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m., Fri 8 a.m.–12 p.m.
Commuter and Transfer Commons (HUB 141)
Academic Year: Mon-Fri 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Breaks & Summers: Closed
Closed during University holidays.
Provide FYP with anonymous feedback about our programs.
First Year Programs fosters a successful undergraduate student experience through strategic programming that focuses on positive academic transitions and the development of learning communities. Through partnerships with faculty, staff, alumni, and student leaders our programs create the space for students to define how they will engage, learn, and thrive at the University of Washington.