Please reach out to your FYP staff liaison to consult about how to best communicate your content. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure who to contact.
We are excited to launch A&O Program Modules and Husky/Parent & Family Guide based on the following timeline:
Husky/Parent & Family Guide
Review the A&O Modules
The following links are designed for UW staff members to review the content in the modules. Use an incognito or private window to view these sample courses.
Students should access the A&O modules using the following link: https://aomodules.fyp.uw.edu/ in order to sign in with their UW NetID and get credit for the requirement. Accessing the links below will not track student progress & may result in course registration delays.
If you have an individual account in advantage design select the following link: http://fyp.washington.edu/aomodules.
- Student launch on May or June
- Students must complete modules in a specific sequence.
- Content focused on A&O, course registration, campus resources, communities & relationships, and navigating technology
- Requirement: Complete course at least 3-days before A&O session. Reminder emails to complete the modules sent through the A&O reservation system.
- Student launch in June
- Open course structure - students may select any module in any order.
- Content focused on time-appropriate topics for the beginning of the first quarter.
- Goes to print in April
- Shipped to U.S. addresses in early June (online access otherwise)
- Printed booklet focused on academics, finances, health & well-being, and campus life.
- Booklet shipped to students along with columns tradition coin and other swag.
- Quick reference guide to be used throughout the year.
Format: All A&O sessions will be delivered live on zoom for one or two days. Students will have option to come to campus in summer for husky hangouts.
International A&O: All freshman international students will participate in a two-day A&O program. Similar to the U.S. freshman program, students will connect with an Academic Advisor to register for classes and work with Orientation Leaders to discover important campus resources and begin to build community. In the summer, they have an additional Regional Connection Group to connect to peers, in country, and international student mentors.
Family Orientation: FYP will host day-long, webinar/q&a orientation sessions for parents and families. Family Orientation includes the following:
- Family resources website
- Weekly one-day live program via zoom
- Monthly email newsletters and podcasts
- Live topic based webinars (separate registration from Family Orientation registration on fyp.washington.edu/live)
120 Mary Gates Hall Box 352825
Seattle, WA 98195-2825
Mary Gates Hall 120
Academic Year: Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m.
Summer: Mon-Thurs 7:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m., Fri 8 a.m.–12 p.m.
Commuter and Transfer Commons (HUB 141)
Academic Year: Mon-Fri 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Breaks & Summers: Closed
Closed during University holidays.
Provide FYP with anonymous feedback about our programs.
First Year Programs fosters a successful undergraduate student experience through strategic programming that focuses on positive academic transitions and the development of learning communities. Through partnerships with faculty, staff, alumni, and student leaders our programs create the space for students to define how they will engage, learn, and thrive at the University of Washington.