View the UW's response to COVID-19. Our services and staff are available remotely and by phone. Because of the on-going situation, Advising & Orientation sessions have moved to a remote platform. For more information, view our Remote Advising & Orientation Updates page. (updated 5/6/2020) 

First Year Programs

I have a lot of Running Start and/or AP credit. What FIG should I take?

Many students with Running Start and/or AP credit take FIGs. You should be careful, of course, to not enroll in any classes that you already have credit for. If you’re not sure, you can always consult with an adviser about any concerns about the courses you're registering for.