University Seminars are discussion-based courses that maximize student interactions with staff and/or departments. Seminars are offered Fall, Winter and Spring Quarters. These seminars allow staff, graduate students, and department to explore and introduce new academic material to entering students or to examine a discipline or current event from creative or interdisciplinary perspectives. University seminars provide an important forum to introduce content in an intimate setting to students who are contemplating what their majors will be.
- Help students gain confidence in their ability to be successful students at the UW ;
- Help students develop, explore and clarify their educational plans;
- Build a sense of community and belonging around shared intellectual interests;
- Provide close access to a faculty or staff member during a student’s first year at the UW;
- Help students further explore an academic major or specific area of study