- Facilitate transitional programs for all first-year students including freshman, international, and transfer students and their parents.
- Assist academic advisers in the presentation of academic planning information sessions.
- Develop expertise in multiple areas of academics in order to assist students with advising and registration.
- Lead workshops, presentations, and discussions to provide students and their families with information and perspectives on campus life.
- Portray the University of Washington, its policies, agencies, services, and campus life in a professional manner to first-year students and parents.
Senior Orientation Leader
In addition to the duties outlined above, SOLs:
- Work collaboratively to support the learning and development of the orientation staff.
- Facilitate small groups of first-year students.
- Serve as a peer coach and role model to new OLs around effective facilitation, articulating FYP values, and A&O program standards.