Winter Quarter: Senior OLs Only
In addition to the commitments listed below, SOLs also commit to working 3-5 hours/week during the winter quarter to facilitate recruitment workshops, OL interviews, and OL training plan development.
Spring Quarter: GEN ST 347
- 1 hour, 50 minutes of class per week.
- Student Leadership Summit (overnight retreat): April 6-8, 2018.
- Request vacation time for the summer during the spring quarter - see summer quarter commitments below for details
Summer Quarter: OL Training, A&O Sessions, Dawg Daze
- Beginning Monday, June 11 through Tuesday, September 11, 2018 OLs are expected to work full-time (35-40 hours per week). Actual hours worked will vary based on A&O program schedules and will fall between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- OL Training: June 11-15, 2018
- A&O Sessions: June 18 - September 11, 2018
- We encourage you to plan ahead and schedule travel or other time off during the weeks of Independence Day (July 2-6, 2018) and Labor Day (Sept. 1-9, 2018), as no hours will be available to work during these time periods.
- OLs are required to take two consecutive unpaid vacation days (equivalent of one A&O session), and a max of six consecutive unpaid vacation days (equivalent of three A&O sessions)
- Please refrain from taking summer classes, assuming other job responsibilities, or engaging in outside commitments that would conflict with OL Training and A&O Sessions (June 11 to August 27 and September 12, 17-20, 2018.).
- OLs may not hold other on-campus jobs during the summer quarter.
- Dawg Daze: Sunday, September 23 for Husky Kick-Off, additional optional hours are available during Dawg Daze (September 20-29).
Autumn Quarter & Beyond
Be available to work during autumn, winter, and spring quarters for Transfer A&O sessions. Specific times will be set around your class schedule.