Returning & New Orientation Leaders:
Spring Quarter: GEN ST 347
- 2 hour, 40 minutes of class per week.
- Lecture Sections: Tuesdays (2:30 - 3:20 p.m.) OR Wednesdays (2:30 - 3:20 p.m.)
- Quiz Sections: Fridays (8:00 - 9:50 p.m.)
- Student Leadership Summit (overnight retreat): April 5-7, 2019.
- Request vacation time for the summer during the spring quarter - see summer quarter commitments below for details
Summer Quarter: OL Training, A&O Sessions, Dawg Daze
- Beginning Monday, June 17 through Tuesday, September 5, 2019 OLs are expected to work full-time (35-40 hours per week). Actual hours worked will vary based on A&O program schedules and will fall between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- OL Training: June 17 - 21, 2019
- A&O Sessions: June 17 - September 5, 2019
- We encourage you to plan ahead and schedule travel or other time off during the weeks of Independence Day (July 1-5, 2019) and Labor Day (Sept. 1-2, 2019), as no hours will be available to work during these time periods.
- OLs are required to take two consecutive unpaid vacation days (equivalent of one A&O session), and a max of six consecutive unpaid vacation days (equivalent of three A&O sessions)
- Please refrain from taking summer classes, assuming other job responsibilities, or engaging in outside commitments that would conflict with OL Training and A&O Sessions (June 17 to August 29 and September 9, 16-19, 2019.).
- OLs may not hold other on-campus jobs during the summer quarter.
- Dawg Daze: Sunday, September 22 for Husky Kick-Off, additional optional hours are available during Dawg Daze (September 19-29).
Autumn Quarter & Beyond
Be available to work during autumn, winter, and spring quarters for Transfer A&O sessions. Specific times will be set around your class schedule.