- Communication: Demonstrates an ability to communicate ideas clearly.
- Learning & Reasoning: Demonstrates an ability to use critical thinking skills to make decisions.
- Interpersonal Interaction: Demonstrates an ability to develop relationships effectively.
- Self-awareness & Development: Demonstrates an ability to utilize personal experiences to grow.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills: be ready to listen and respond to individuals' questions and concerns; the ability to help others problem-solve and make decisions.
- Public speaking abilities: be comfortable interacting with audiences from 1- 350 people.
- Commitment: be attentive to the responsibilities of the Orientation Leader position, the Orientation Leader team, First Year Programs staff, and the UW.
- Multitasking: be able to balance a variety of activities, including academics and extra-curricular activities.