- Communication: Demonstrates an ability to communicate ideas clearly.
- Learning & Reasoning: Demonstrates an ability to use critical thinking skills to make decisions.
- Interpersonal Interaction: Demonstrates an ability to develop relationships effectively.
- Self-awareness & Development: Demonstrates an ability to utilize personal experiences to grow.
Position-specific Qualifications: FIG Leader
- Must be enrolled as a UW-Seattle undergraduate (having previously been in a FIG is not required).
- Strong interpersonal communication skills: be ready to listen and respond to individuals' questions and concerns; the ability to help others problem-solve and make decisions.
- Cooperation skills: be willing and able to plan GEN ST 199 structure with other FIG Leaders.
- Public speaking abilities: be comfortable interacting with audiences from 20-25 people.
- Commitment: fulfill your responsibilities as a peer leader throughout the spring and autumn quarter.
- Multitasking: be able to balance a variety of activities, including academics and extra-curricular activities.