The Dawg Daze Student Advisory Board serves as the student voice of Dawg Daze. This group meets 3 times in spring quarter and will serve as Team Captains during Dawg Daze at the beginning of the fall quarter.
Dawg Daze Team Captains develop programming and provide logistical support for all Dawg Daze events. As UW ambassadors, Dawg Daze Team Captains also work to ensure that the week is a memorable and enjoyable experience for all participants. Team Captains lead groups of 20-25 Dawg Daze Leaders through training and can expect at least a 20-hour volunteer commitment during the week before the start of the fall quarter.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a large scale campus wide program
- Serve as a leader to 20-25 student volunteers
- Meet students with similar interests and connect with the FYP professional staff
- Share your passion for the UW with incoming students
- Give back to the UW community through service
Application closes 2/27
You can expect to gain the following competencies by participating on this committee
- Systems Thinking - Making connections between individual parts in a system to anticipate how the relationships between these parts affect each part and the system as a whole.
- Mentoring - Using one’s expertise and experience to teach, coach, share resources, and challenge individuals with less experience and/or knowledge so that they can reach their potential.
- Group Development - Assisting groups in developing a sense of shared purpose, commitment, trust and effectiveness so that group members work together in the most effective, efficient, and empowering manner.
- Plan - Laying out a course of action to complete an intended objective by identifying tasks and setting deadlines for completion in an effort to accomplish that objective and work toward a larger goal.
- Flexibility & Patience: The schedule of Dawg Daze includes more than 200 events over 10 days. As a Dawg Daze Team Captain, we need you to be available early in the morning, late at night, and in-between.
- Dedication & Enthusiasm: You must love being a UW student and want to give back to help build a great community on campus. A welcoming smile and willingness to answer questions is one of the primary job requirements
- Reliability & Good Character: Throughout Dawg Daze you will be working all over campus with limited supervision. As a result, you need to show up to events on time and be willing to step up to the challenges of the event. Be aware that students, faculty and staff will recognize you as a Dawg Daze Team Captain, and that you will be serving as a professional representative of UW.
- Be available to attend DDSAC meetings on Mondays, March 27th, April 17th, May 22nd 4:30-6:00pm
- Be available to attend training on Monday, September 18th 2016 from 9:00am-4:30pm
- Be willing to volunteer a minimum of 20 hours during Dawg Daze (September 21st- October 1st)
- Be able to check your UW email regularly throughout the summer and early fall for updates and changes to Dawg Daze events.
- Be ready to help out at assigned events with a positive attitude
- Be able to lead a group of 20-25 Dawg Daze Leaders
Application closes 2/27