The Council serves as the student voice of Dawg Daze. This group meets between January and June to plan for the Fall event, and two virtual meetings over the summer.
The students on this council lead working committees that plan and implement events, marketing strategies, Dawg Daze Leader training, and much more. The students of this Council aim to make sure that students are having a relevant and high-impact Dawg Daze experience.
This position is currently closed. However, keep an eye out for Dawg Daze Leader applications for another opportunity to get involved in Dawg Daze!
The Dawg Daze Leadership Council develops programming, innovates events, trains volunteers, works with campus partners, develops marketing & communications, and provides logistical support for Dawg Daze as a whole. As UW ambassadors, the Dawg Daze Leadership Council also works to ensure that the week is a memorable and enjoyable experience for all participants.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a large scale campus wide program
- Enhance leadership skills through working in event development, volunteer management, event logistics, and campus partner support
- Meet students with similar interests and connect with the FYP professional staff
- Share your passion for the UW with incoming students
- Give back to the UW community through service
- Be available to attend DDLC meetings on Tuesdays, March 19th, April 23rd, May 14th from 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
- Be available to meet for two check-in's during the summer quarter (date and time TBD, meetings will be held virtually)
- Be available to attend training on Monday, September 16, 2019 from 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Be available to attend a wrap-up meeting held in October to debrief Dawg Daze and set intentions for the next Leadership Council.
- Be willing to connect with working group outside of DDLC meetings to work on assigned tasks.
- Be willing to volunteer a minimum of 20 hours during Dawg Daze (September 19th- September 28th)
- Be able to check your UW email regularly throughout the summer and early fall for updates and changes to Dawg Daze events.
- Be ready to help out at assigned events with a positive attitude.
- Flexibility & Patience: The schedule of Dawg Daze includes more than 200 events over 10 days. As a Dawg Daze Leadership Council member, we need you to arrive to all assignments on time and with a positive attitude. Shifts could be early in the morning, late at night, and in-between.
- Dedication & Enthusiasm: You must love being a UW student and want to give back to help build a great community on campus. Innovation and implementation take time, you have the opportunity to creat change in this role and we want all Council members to stay engaged from beginning to end.
- Reliability & Good Character: Throughout Dawg Daze you will be working all over campus with limited supervision. As a result, you need to show up to events on time and be willing to step up to the challenges of the event. Be aware that students, faculty and staff will recognize you as a member of the Dawg Daze Leadership Council, and that you will be serving as a professional representative of UW.
Email us at email@example.com
120 Mary Gates Hall Box 352825
Seattle, WA 98195-2825
Academic Year: Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Summer: Mon-Thurs 7:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Fri 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Closed during University holidays.
Provide FYP with anonymous feedback about our programs.
First Year Programs fosters a successful undergraduate student experience through strategic programming that focuses on positive academic transitions and the development of learning communities. Through partnerships with faculty, staff, alumni, and student leaders our programs create the space for students to define how they will engage, learn, and thrive at the University of Washington.