Help welcome new and returning students to the UW community!
Dawg Daze leaders develop programming and logistical support for all Welcome Week events, and act as UW ambassadors to ensure that the week is a memorable and enjoyable experience for all participants. Volunteer leaders can expect at least a 15-hour volunteer commitment during the week before the start of Autumn Quarter.
- Develop your leadership skills (Looks great on a resume!)
- Help new students transition to the University
- Meet new friends
- Share your love of UW with new students
- Give back to the UW community
Application will be available on April 22, 2015
Flexibility & Patience: The schedule of Dawg Daze includes more than 250 events over 10 days. As a Dawg Daze Leader, we need you to be available early in the morning, late at night, and in-between.
Dedication & Enthusiasm: You must love being a UW student and want to give back to help build a great community on campus. A welcoming smile and willingness to answer questions is one of the primary job requirements.
Reliability & Good Character: Throughout Dawg Daze you will be working all over campus with limited supervision. As a result, you need to show up to events on time and be willing to step up to the challenges of the event. Be aware that students, faculty and staff will recognize you as a Dawg Daze Leader, and that you will be serving as a professional representative of UW.
- Be available to attend training on Monday, Sept. 21 from 9am-6pm (with lunch included)
- Be willing to volunteer a minimum of 15 hours during Dawg Daze (Sept. 24th- Oct.3rd)
- Be able to check your UW email regularly throughout the summer and early fall for updates and changes to Dawg Daze events.
- Be ready to help out at assigned events with a positive attitude
- Be committed to communicating on a regular basis with your team captain.
- Team Captains will have a mandatory training on Sunday Sept.20th from 10am-6pm, lunch will be included
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org