Dawg Daze Leaders (DDLs) are the backbone of Dawg Daze. During Dawg Daze, DDLs help to set up, organize, and facilitate over 200 events designed to engage new students and the UW community as a whole!
Although the priority deadline to apply to be a Dawg Daze Leader in 2022 has passed, applications are still being accepted on a rolling basis! If you would still like to be a DDL this year, go ahead and fill out the form. and we'll reach out within one week with an update on your application. The earlier you submit your application, the more likely it is that you will be offered a spot in this year’s cohort!
Applications are currently closed.
Be a part of the University of Washington's welcome week! This year's Dawg Daze is expected to feature over two hundred in-person and virtual events hosted by First Year Programs, registered student organizations, and other departments across campus.
Dawg Daze Leaders will:
- Support First Year Programs staff and campus partners in the set-up, logistics, and take-down of events.
- Help with facilitation and crowd control at key and FYP-led events including Dubs’ Challenge, Dawg Daze Tours, etc.
- Help students navigate campus by answering questions, giving directions, suggesting resources and events, and providing a warm welcome to the Husky community.
All Dawg Daze Leaders must meet the following requirements:
- Be a RETURNING, degree-seeking undergraduate student at the University of Washington's Seattle campus
- Maintain good academic and conduct standing prior to and throughout Dawg Daze
- Be able to volunteer in-person for at least 10 hours between September 21 and September 30, 2022
Dawg Daze Leaders will also be asked to attend a virtual training on September 20.
By volunteering as a Dawg Daze Leader, you can expect the following benefits:
- Meet other new and returning Huskies!
- Have a blast at the DDL Kickoff!
- Get behind-the-scenes access to classic Dawg Daze events such as Quad Flicks, Husky Kickoff, and Dubs' Challenge!
- Get free snacks, drinks, and food throughout Dawg Daze!
- Develop your leadership skills (Looks great on a resume)!
- Earn volunteer hours!
- Get a free Dawg Daze Leader T-shirt!
- Share your love of UW with new students!
- Give back to the UW community!
Please note that Dawg Daze Leaders are responsible for securing their own housing during Dawg Daze; unfortunately, we are not able to offer early-move in privileges to Dawg Daze Leaders this year. For DDLs staying in HFS-owned housing, you will be able to move in on September 21, 2022 (the first day of Dawg Daze!).
The Dawg Daze Leader Application contains 3 short answer questions that should be answered in 1-3 sentences. These are your chance to show passion and personality - don't worry about spelling, grammar, or structure! Information about class standing, demographics, and Dawg Daze experience is collected for statistical and planning purposes only, and will not affect whether or not you are invited to join the 2022 Dawg Daze Leader team.
- Why are you applying to be a Dawg Daze Leader?
- What skills do you hope to work on as a Dawg Daze Leader?
- What is your favorite memory of Dawg Daze? If you haven't been to Dawg Daze, what factors affected your decision not to go?
120 Mary Gates Hall Box 352825
Seattle, WA 98195-2825
Academic Year: Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Summer: Mon-Thurs 7:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Fri 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Closed during University holidays.
Provide FYP with anonymous feedback about our programs.
First Year Programs fosters a successful undergraduate student experience through strategic programming that focuses on positive academic transitions and the development of learning communities. Through partnerships with faculty, staff, alumni, and student leaders our programs create the space for students to define how they will engage, learn, and thrive at the University of Washington.