Help welcome new and returning students to the UW community!
Dawg Daze leaders develop programming and logistical support for all Welcome Week events, and act as UW ambassadors to ensure that the week is a memorable and enjoyable experience for all participants. Volunteer leaders can expect at least a 15-hour volunteer commitment during the week before the start of Autumn Quarter.
- Develop your leadership skills (Looks great on a resume!)
- Help new students transition to the University
- Meet new friends
- Share your love of UW with new students
- Give back to the UW community
Flexibility & Patience: The schedule of Dawg Daze includes more than 200 events over 10 days. As a Dawg Daze Leader, we need you to be available early in the morning, late at night, and in-between.
Dedication & Enthusiasm: You must love being a UW student and want to give back to help build a great community on campus. A welcoming smile and willingness to answer questions is one of the primary job requirements.
Reliability & Good Character: Throughout Dawg Daze you will be working all over campus with limited supervision. As a result, you need to show up to events on time and be willing to step up to the challenges of the event. Be aware that students, faculty and staff will recognize you as a Dawg Daze Leader, and that you will be serving as a professional representative of UW.
- Be available to attend training on Monday, September 18th 2017 from 11:30am-4:30pm (eligible for early arrival move in with HFS on September 17th)
- Be willing to volunteer a minimum of 15 hours during Dawg Daze (September 21st- 30th)
- Be able to check your UW email regularly throughout the summer and early fall for updates and changes to Dawg Daze events.
- Be ready to help out at assigned events with a positive attitude
- Be committed to communicating on a regular basis with your team captain.
Interested in supporting transfer students? Apply to be a Transfer Ambassador at Dawg Daze where you can help lead and support transfer specific events. The application is the same as the Dawg Daze Leader application!
Meet previous Dawg Daze Leaders who have helped shape Dawg Daze!
Questions? Email email@example.com